Personalized Web App

Hello, I’m new to Scrimba and am working on the Personalized Web App Scrim under the Front End Developer program. I don’t understand how the scrim works. When I add my code and Run App I see my stuff but then it disappears. Per does his stuff and when I do my stuff again it is on Per’s page because it did not save my stuff. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this how it is supposed to be? I don’t know if we are supposed to end up with our own app or not. I hope I am explaining this okay. Thank you!

Hey @Margaret_Martin - I saw your Discord message and answered you there but posting it here too incase you miss it.

The changes made during lessons are generally intended for temporary coding, helping you apply what you’re learning in a practical context. However, we do have larger challenges where you’ll be asked to code something more substantial. In these cases, you can click “save” to preserve your work. This action creates what we refer to as “scribbles,” which are essentially code snippets generated during lessons.

These scribbles capture all the code from the lesson, so in a sense, your app’s code does persist going forward. That said, most of the interactivity in lessons is designed for short-term learning and debugging purposes.

Hope this helps!

Yes, that does help! Thank you for your reply!

I also have another question. I posted this one in Discord too, but so much is going on over there, so since I have your ear I will ask you (if you don’t mind). Here it is: Hello, I’m wondering is there is somewhere that we can find the text transcipts to the Scrimba videos for the Front-End Development Pro track? I keep having to refer back to old videos to remember how to do things and thought transcripts would be helpful. Thanks.

Sorry for the delay @Margaret_Martin! We’re actually in progress of getting something like this up. We just released and refined our captions so we do have the data to support full transcripts. Maybe something like full text transcripts with timestamps, as well as auto generated lesson summary and study notes.

Thank you for replying. Is this something we will be able to take advantage of sooner than later? :slightly_smiling_face:

No set time for this yet unfortunately but we move quite fast! We have to prioritise some other tasks that lay the foundation for this feature so we’ll need to get these out first. It’s an exciting feature though so we’re keen to work on it!

:+1::grin: Thanks so much for the reply and the information. Much appreciated.

1 Like